Joshua Schweiger was a little boy who was born on May 5th, 1999 and died unexpectedly on July 14th, 2000. Joshua was truly a gift from God.Because Joshua’s life exuded such love, we feel the Lord put him into this world for a purpose far greater than the 14 months we were able to enjoy his presence. The Joshua Foundation was created in the Fall of 2000 with the specific purpose of building an interdenominational CHRISTIAN retreat house called the Joshua House. The facility was to stand for unity in the Body of Christ, a place for Christian Believers from various denominations, races, cultural and economic backgrounds to share, a place for them to use and renew and help them in their faith. The efforts to fund such a large endeavor drove the Joshua Foundation to do more than just fundraise and search for property. After much prayer and fasting the Lord led the Joshua Foundation to Isaiah 58 and beckoned us to do so much more.
Unite the Body of Christ and to provide financial support to Christ-centered missionary efforts building relationships with the underserved.
A model for the world to see. The most dynamic and influential church in the world is not really a church at all. It is “The Church” in Pittsburgh displaying what a united Christian Body of Believers can do when used by God to heal those in need. Witness the Body perpetuating real change and transformation simply by equipping and providing support to missionaries.
Our Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible in its original manuscripts to be the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit through personal faith and relationship with Christ is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose influence, we are able to come to Christ and we know the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit enables Christians to be obedient to God’s Word and to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; Those that are saved through faith in Jesus Christ unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and in the universality of Christianity in that all who believe might enter into an eternal relationship with God.